Thursday 25 July 2013

Sawan wali spicy Bhaaji !

Its been while since I last posted :) . So as the name suggest I am not using any onion or garlic, instead , I am going for curry leaves.Curry leaves (Meethi Neem) does wonders when added to any veg
curries or pulses,be it in terms of aroma or taste :) .














Serves 2


Ingredients :


1 Bottle Gourd/lauki or Ghiya  or Petha chopped

1 Potato (boiled or not depends on you) chopped

1 chili chopped

1 Brinjal/Egg-plant or Baigan chopped

1 tsp of cumin seeds (jeera)

2 small or 1 big tomato chopped

2 tsp of garam masala

1-2 tsp of pav-bhaji masala (its amount depends on how much of chili you can bear in you food)

some coriander leaves chopped

5-7 curry leaves

1 tbs of refined oil

1 tsp of cumin powder (optional )

some salt to taste

Heat some oil in pressure cooker and add chili and cumin seeds  and saute them. In goes 5-6 curry leaves. I saved 2 for my rice :).Now goes lauki and baigan and cover with lid for few seconds. Now stir and add potato and some garam masala and cumin/jeera powdee,stir and cover with lid. Add some pav-bhaji masala and chopped tomatoes and stir. Add some salt ,some coriander (save some for later) and 1 and half cup of water and cover the lid of cooker and wait for 2 whistles.Before serving add some left over coriander in curry.Have  it with paratha or roti or rice. I had with rice which I cooked with 2 curry leaves :P :)  (No I am not obsessed with curry leaves)

Adios !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Siguiente Anterior Inicio
 
World in my Kitchen Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo